Author Topic: Broken leg  (Read 255 times)

blade

• Star
    • View Profile
Broken leg
« on: 10 February, 2021, 21:47:28 »
Bsa M20
Broke my leg some years ago so what else to do but build up an M20, had to change the plaster of Paris twice because of the oil and dirt and spray paint, still got a slight limp wife recons down to the M20 and not resting the leg

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: Broken leg
« Reply #1 on: 11 February, 2021, 08:28:03 »
Hi Blade,

When I first saw the 'Broken leg' title I thought it was something serious that you had done to the bike.  It is amazing how limps disappear when riding a bike.  I really like to see meticulous restorations but equally I really like to see practical and functional reassembled bikes with a reflection on their age and life long use in the finished presentation.

Dave.

blade

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 February, 2021, 21:40:16 »
Yes I agree what is the point of spending all that time and effort just to have a showroom piece, never to go out, hidden in some shed. And just a distant memory.
Id rather see an old tatty used bike than a shed queen

Mick Boon

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 February, 2021, 17:58:53 »
 I can confirm that old refinished guns sell for at least half the price of unmolested old guns, when refinished their history is gone forever. 

I wish people would treat old motorcycles with as much care, and appreciate them for what they are, rather than tart them up to no other purpose than show they have more money than sense.