Author Topic: Timmelsjoch Motorcycle Museum  (Read 312 times)

Calum

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Timmelsjoch Motorcycle Museum
« on: 18 January, 2021, 19:29:36 »
I have just heard that this museum has burnt down, doesn't look like anything has survived :'(
I visited back in 2016, purely by chance after chatting to a German guy with a Matchless. We were in our Rover P4. I don't think the museum had been open too long, perhaps less than a year. Amazing collection of bikes, a shame indeed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rideapart.com/news/466925/top-motorcycle-museum-austria-fire/amp/

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: Timmelsjoch Motorcycle Museum
« Reply #1 on: 18 January, 2021, 20:18:47 »
Hi,

It must have been a challenge for the fire fighters to get there as I think this pass is snowbound from November to May.  Having ridden it a couple of times on a BSA I can appreciate the effort in getting there.
I missed visiting the museum as it had not opened the last time I took that route.

Dave.

Pete Gill

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Re: Timmelsjoch Motorcycle Museum
« Reply #2 on: 19 January, 2021, 10:55:52 »
I visited last January when on a ski trip.
There were some really great bikes in there and so well presented. Integral to it was a restaurant and a ski lift station. A really impressive and elegant structure.
Mainly timber so quite a risk in that respect!
Most of the machines in there were unique and will not be replaceable!
The people who designed and built up the place then filled it with wonderful machines must be devastated. Itís not so much the money (Iím told the guys who own it are loaded anyway) but its their passion for the subject that was demonstrated in the way it was done.

Pete