Author Topic: B31 Plunger  (Read 438 times)

Calum

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
B31 Plunger
« on: 23 November, 2020, 20:49:51 »
Here it is, my first bike! Took me far too long and due to covid I didn't get round to doing my license until far too late in the year. Any nice days at this time of year I seem to be at work(!)
Hopefully I'll be able to start using it a bit more soon.

I've already painted the headlight surround and mudguards, and touched up some other areas (the former bits were red and I didn't really like the look!). Plenty of bits I want to do, but runs nicely and has had lots of bits done already.

It's a 1953 example (1954 model year I think) but is wearing an earlier tank as far as I can tell. Previous owner liked the high pipes hence why it is fitted with one. I must say I like them too and it does sound well but the traditionalist in me keeps thinking I'll reinstate a standard pipe and toolbox (both of which came with the bike).

Bess

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: B31 Plunger
« Reply #1 on: 23 November, 2020, 22:14:57 »
Hi,
     I like it, nice and simple lines  :) :)

B Murphy

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 November, 2020, 16:35:52 »
Yes vey nice, just the look I'm after but with ally mudguards, knobbly tires etc.

Calum

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 November, 2020, 19:34:13 »
Don't blame you Bob the competition motors are great looking machines! Mine's just a pretender with the pipe. I would like to do some travelling on it so a standard exhaust would allow me to affix panniers on both sides and carry a little more luggage... it's only a few bolts to swap it over though so easily done if I do fancy a trip. I've seen quite a few of your videos on YouTube, lovely bike you've got yourself! I very much like the green models with painted rims.