Author Topic: Wayne's 52 B33  (Read 358 times)

WayneBergman

• Star
    • View Profile
Wayne's 52 B33
« on: 23 November, 2020, 02:55:45 »
New to British bikes and my machine here,so now I am looking forward to putting some miles on it this upcomming riding season. Recently changed out my Handlebars and clutch/brake levers for a lower look. Just received my collector plate so the bike is now insured :) New Avon Speedmaster front tire comming in the new year so I will be waiting for this tire before hitting highway speeds. The old front tire looks to be around 20 years old so needs replacing. History of its older restoration (from I am guessing is around 20 years ago)  is a little uncertain as to what exactly was done at that time but in the last year the dyno/mag was overhauled and the tank professionaly re done. She starts good and appears to be in great shape. Time will tell........wayne
« Last Edit: 23 November, 2020, 03:34:53 by WayneBergman »

WayneBergman

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: Wayne's 52 B33
« Reply #1 on: 07 May, 2021, 04:35:44 »
Switched back to the original handle bars but made them a little wider and stipped the old chrome and gone with a black patina finish on the bars, the original bars just seemed too narrow. Modified some battery powered LED bar end signals that were made for bicycles and have enclosed them inside the handle bar grips. A few other little changes as well, most recent is working on a set of small leather saddle bags.
« Last Edit: 07 May, 2021, 04:38:38 by WayneBergman »

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 May, 2021, 07:22:39 »
Good morning Wayne,

A tidy looking bike.  What is the plan for the leather bag?  Natural ageing or darkening a bit with wax?  A matching one on the other side?

Dave.

WayneBergman

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 May, 2021, 17:31:34 »
Thanks  Dave, yes a matching bag for the other side & I am working on that now. The bags and the bike for that matter will never be in the rain (at least that is the plan) so the bags will just get a light coat of the same "TOKONOLE" treatment I give to seal its leather open edges. The leather I have used is a full grain good quality leather and it takes on a very nice patina on the wallets I make from the same stuff so I feel it will continue to look good on the bike just left kind to age with use.