Author Topic: B33 6 Spring Clutch New Corks?  (Read 252 times)

leon bee

• Star
    • View Profile
B33 6 Spring Clutch New Corks?
« on: 14 November, 2020, 23:53:02 »
The 24 corks that go in the slots of the wheel. I have a lot of literature and service sheets, etc., but don't think I've seen how to get them in there. I have one extra, sunk that in boiling water. Maybe I left it too long, kinda turned to mush. Went in the hole easy but I don't like it. Soak them in oil? Any ideas, Thanks!

Dennis49

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: B33 6 Spring Clutch New Corks?
« Reply #1 on: 15 November, 2020, 06:28:38 »
Hi, I just reformed a clutch plate from an Automoto French motorcycle.
I bought corks on eBay and cut them to shape.
I cut them oversize by a couple of mm all round.
 Some were a bit crumbly and were discarded .
I boiled them for about 10 mins and they were very easy to fit. Once dry I Sandé them on a sheet of sandpaper .
Works fine. Dennis

Jim S

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 November, 2020, 13:00:10 »
I made a simple wooden fixture to get consistent cork thickness, and cut my inserts from wine corks. (Very enjoyable exercise.) I have more than 5000km on my B33 since I replaced the corks and the clutch works great.

As Dennis49 says, you need to select the best ones and soak then in hot water. There must be a thread in this forum with more detailed information.

leon bee

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 November, 2020, 19:27:44 »
I have the replacement inserts. Got them from a Gold Star guy over here some years ago, he has sadly passed. They are already shaped, but hard as a rock. Like I say, put one in boiling water and that turned out not so good. Thanks, everybody!