Author Topic: TLS....  (Read 111 times)

griffo

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
TLS....
« on: 24 October, 2020, 19:53:52 »
 Just fitted a TLS 7" brake system to my B40. It has transformed the braking system and made the bike far safer in modern traffic. Makes the old 7" brakes seem as effective as a hankey on four pieces of string... A new carb and it's like riding something new.. I'm a happy rider and just enjoyed a 130 mile ride out with a couple of chums. No brake fade in the Peak District.....  Griff

Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...

idie

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
Re: TLS....
« Reply #1 on: 24 October, 2020, 20:39:39 »
The difference between a single leading shoe and a twin leading shoe brake is really life saving.

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 October, 2020, 20:53:05 »
Good evening,

The TLS is a revelation after an SLS but just remember one thing.  They do not work backwards so if you stop going up a steep hill you may find the bike difficult hold unless you can keep your foot on the brake pedal.

Dave.

BEEZABRYAN

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 October, 2020, 21:27:26 »
Very true Dave, a TLS front brake on a Thunderbolt ridden two up will not hold you on a something like 1 in 4 hairpinny mountain road in North California when a rider in the group ahead stops & the engine stalls.
Don't bother asking how I know or how the motor was restarted.

griffo

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 October, 2020, 22:34:53 »
Thought it was the 'comical' brakes that had that problem , hence the nickname...  Mine works OK in a reverse direction as I found out on a steep hill , though only me on board.. I'll keep a keen eye on that as it would be embarrasing to have a woopsy with certain members in close contact. Socially distanced I hasten to add...   Girff
Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...