Author Topic: interesting read for fellow bsa starfire owners  (Read 162 times)

JOHN KAY

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
interesting read for fellow bsa starfire owners
« on: 18 October, 2020, 04:41:22 »
  HI GUYS > I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BUY A BOOK IN THE UK FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW , IT WAS ADVERTISED ON AMAZON BUT NOT AVAILABLE IT IS BSA B25 1969 POWER UNIT BLUEPRINTING BY MIKE ROTHWELL . I EVENTUALLY GOT A COPY IN THE STATES FROM A COMPANY LULU.COM I THINK WHICH WAS CHEAPER THAN OTHERS ADVERTISED THERE . I DID NOTICE YEARS AGO THAT SOME PHOTOS FROM IT APPEAR ON U TUBE FROM TIME TO TIME . ANYONE WANTING FURTHER INFO PLEASE MESSAGE ME REGARDS JOHNBOY .

idie

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
Re: interesting read for fellow bsa starfire owners
« Reply #1 on: 18 October, 2020, 10:06:19 »
Mike was a member of our Branch he used to ride his B25 with two speeds stop and go! He was always modifying the lubrication system to over come faults. It was the only time that I have seen a con-rod split end to end. He was on close terms with the AA as well. I have a copy of his book some where. Very detailed.

JOHN KAY

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 October, 2020, 18:30:17 »
thanks for letting me know regards johnboy

Phil C

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 October, 2020, 15:32:00 »
What does "blueprinting" mean? Is it the dimensions and tolerances as at new?

sidewaysid

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 October, 2020, 08:03:46 »
Blue printing is when you make everything moving in the engine precisely as it should be, mass production builds it very near perfect, but for one reason or another not accurate, so for instance valve opening and closing, say inlet is to open 26 degrees before TDC, it may not be opening until 23 degrees, so you make whatever adjustments to rectify it, all the racing guys do it.