Author Topic: Poor fitting down pipe ?  (Read 172 times)

Cownden

• Star
    • View Profile
Poor fitting down pipe ?
« on: 14 October, 2020, 22:33:17 »
Hi All,
Converting my A10 Super Rocket back to dual silencers from the Siamese system that it came with. Right hand side went on fine, however I’m having problems fitting the left-hand side down pipe which clashes with the left-hand foot rest support – this seems to protrude quite some way out such that the down pipe can’t be lifted up to get to the right position…. see picture of the protruding bit under the foot rest (viewed looking forward down the length of the rear brake pedal). Before I go back to the supplier and say that he down pipe is wrong – not unusual apparently. I just wanted to check if how far this protruding bolt sticks, out is normal…?

JulianS

• Empire Star
  • A10
    • View Profile
Re: Poor fitting down pipe ?
« Reply #1 on: 15 October, 2020, 09:37:38 »
It looks like you have a spacer between the footrest and the nut, there is no spacer in the original setup and will cause a problem.

There is little space between the pipe, the footrest and the brake pedal even with a well made pipe.

I suggest remove the spacer and try again.

Cownden

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 October, 2020, 22:28:25 »
You're right - there's spacer extending under the foot rest. Removed the spacer to find that the bolt also extends out the same distance ..;0(
Now need to try and find a bolt to the right length or modify the existing one. Ho Hum ...

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 October, 2020, 08:50:44 »
Hi,

If this is a long bolt could you put it through from this side so the washer and nut is on the other side or will it interfere with the other pipe?

Dave.