Author Topic: Help B44 victor enduro silencer & Exhuast  (Read 577 times)

Carsonbcfc

• Star
    • View Profile
Help B44 victor enduro silencer & Exhuast
« on: 03 October, 2020, 16:11:01 »
Hi all.

I’ve a b44 victor enduro 1967. It came with a silencer with the heat guard. The bracket that held it to the frame had 2 bolts which as you can see the frame has only one lug.

I ordered a peanut silencer from armours but as you can see from the pictures It fouls on the inside Of the Mudguard and sticks out at a weird angle.

Can anybody advise part numbers or suppliers of silencer and exhaust pipe that would workS

Cheers Paul

Alan

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: Help B44 victor enduro silencer & Exhuast
« Reply #1 on: 03 October, 2020, 17:02:49 »
I have a TR25w, Fitted a peanut silencer similar to the one available on Feked website with offset connection.Had to make a short stainless extension to the pipe.

DON GRAY

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 October, 2020, 11:51:09 »
Hello! This probably isn't a lot of help to you, but on my Victor Special I fitted a new peanut silencer ordered from Armours & had to gently tweek the mounting bracket in the vice so it lay flat on the frame mount. I've got non standard alloy mudguards fitted, so clearance wasn't a problem for me - & thats with the exhaust pipe tight against the inside of the frame....It doesn't look too weird as its gotta clear the rear shock.

Carsonbcfc

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 October, 2020, 08:48:59 »
Hello! This probably isn't a lot of help to you, but on my Victor Special I fitted a new peanut silencer ordered from Armours & had to gently tweek the mounting bracket in the vice so it lay flat on the frame mount. I've got non standard alloy mudguards fitted, so clearance wasn't a problem for me - & thats with the exhaust pipe tight against the inside of the frame....It doesn't look too weird as its gotta clear the rear shock.
cheers don

craigc11g

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 October, 2020, 16:14:32 »
have you tried fitting with the bracket  on the inside of the lug ? may not help the guard but may look closer

AdrianS

« Reply #5 on: 12 October, 2020, 08:49:44 »
Ah Armours
I had a silencer for my b40 from them. Was way out on dimensions and did email them to tell them but got no answer.
I have previously had silencers and pipes from Wassell in Burntwood but also had problems with fit.
I went to the factory and they said they would tweak things which they did but when I saw the jigs things were made on you can understand why nothing fitted!