Author Topic: Veh registration etc  (Read 756 times)

Mike Farmer

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Veh registration etc
« on: 17 June, 2017, 09:04:41 »
 :)

I would like to think that my view of this subject is only sarcasm: regretfully it isn't.

Once upon a time it was possible to pop in to the local office and speak to someone whence 90% of the ongoing problems could be, and usually were, sorted on the spot. If the person dealing with you could not answer a point, then the local supervisor usually could. Even if you had your application all screwed up, it was quite possible to go back the next day and sort it.

Sadly "our" push for economy and efficiency has driven the whole thing rapidly forward into the 1850's or there abouts. AND I aint joking.

Mike

Mike Farmer

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Re: Veh registration etc
« Reply #1 on: 17 June, 2017, 14:59:38 »

Sorry guys at the risk of being completely boring just thought I would say that I know its a bit more expensive but I always send mail to DVLA to be signed for

Then they cant say it wasn't received.
 >:(
Mike

DEAN SOUTHALL

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 June, 2017, 15:03:49 »
With you there Mike >:(
Some while ago I sent off my reg doc because in the 'Make' section it said BSA Road Rocket and the 'Type/Model' section was blank. I had phoned DVLA and they said just to amend the document and send it in with a covering letter. A month or so passes and yesterday I got my new reg doc back...exactly the same as before Make: BSA Road Rocket.
Oh well... its not caused a problem in the 25 years I've owned the bike. I just have to remember when searching for it that it was not manufactured by BSA but by BSA Road Rocket ::)
Today I got a letter from DVLA explaining why they could not change their records. Apparently BSA do not give a 'Code' for a Road Rocket. But they do kindly advise that I am not satisfied by this result I should contact BSA directly ..YCNMIU   ::)

MOONSDRIFT

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 June, 2017, 19:08:52 »
I fail to see how sending documents (signed for) to DVLA is any benefit after several months they said they had not received any photos from me, however they sent me a letter two moths ealeyer to say they wanted more/better?

I send the last photos by email i.e. confirmed. I had an email back to say someone would be in contact within 3 working days, that never happened! I eventually phoned and when I asked about the response from the email I was told (O take no notice of that, it's an automated response and we do not follow them up) I asked them to take that down then to save others wasting their time, I was told NO - it's an automated response

It's only been 34 weeks now!

Mike Farmer

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 June, 2017, 19:16:00 »

My reason for using the "signed for" option is that post office is able to give you proof of the delivery. Someone at DVLA actually had it in their hands and signed to say so.

Believe me I do absolutely understand your frustrations. They wanted a customs certificate from me for a tractor that was imported in 1943 as part of the wartime lend/lease program. Crying didn't help one bit.

Mike

DEREKANDERSON8

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 June, 2017, 20:14:29 »
 They wanted a customs certificate from me for a tractor that was imported in 1943 as part of the wartime lend/lease program. Crying didn't help one bit.

Mike

that made me laugh Mike!