Author Topic: No spark  (Read 362 times)

Fereday

• Star
    • View Profile
No spark
« on: 27 May, 2017, 06:06:55 »
Bikes been starting and running good .then there was no spark at plugs I have a wassel electronic ignition how do you check power at coils thanks

Bess

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
Re: No spark
« Reply #1 on: 27 May, 2017, 08:21:16 »
Hi Fereday,
                  Hope this helps...

Or
NO SPARK
1 Check the battery has power
2 Using a test bulb or voltmeter/multimeter check for a power feed to the ignition module from
the ignition switch. Measure between the ignition feed wire and ground with ignition switch on
3 The voltage reading here should be the same as the voltage on the motorcycle battery
(12volts). If a significantly lower voltage is detected then this can indicate a faulty ignition
switch or a bad connection in the ignition circuit/wiring loom. A simple test is to take a direct
feed from the battery to the ignition pack, bypassing the normal feed from the ignition switch
STATOR PLATE
1 Check wiring connections on black/white / black /yellow wires. Check for any visable signs of
damage on the stator plate and ensure the rotor is correctly located in taper seating
2 Using a multi meter check continuity through the stator plate. Set the meter to ohms. The
resistance reading for each coil should be 73 ohms. Connect the meter to the black/white &
black/yellow leads and the combined resistance should be 146 ohms
SPARKS ON CRANKING BUT ENGINE WILL NOT RUN
1 Check polarity of wires from the ignition module to stator (y/b to y/b & w/b to w/b). If these
wires are connected incorrectly ignition will produce a spark but the timing will be retarded
CONTINUOUS SPARKING WITHOUT CRANKING ENGINE
1 This indicates a poor supply to the ignition. Check battery for a bad cell. A bad battery with
charger connected can cause this problem
2 Check for good engine earth connection and battery earth point
3 Wrong type of ignition coil fitted with low primary resistance
« Last Edit: 27 May, 2017, 08:25:30 by Bess »

Fereday

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 May, 2017, 14:40:09 »
Done all the checks and it seems like I've fried the transistor box RJ33 because I was running on two 12 volt coils which gave too much amps does anyone now where I can purchase a transistor box  thank you

LIONELSMITH

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 June, 2017, 20:11:49 »
Ferreda

It appears to be Wassell part number WW19375 (x2). 6 VOLT. You could try contacting Wassell and asking where you could buy. They seem to come in Positive and Negative earth so make sure you specify.

Contact them at wassell@totalbikebits.com