Author Topic: B44 Victor Special Primary Chain Tension?  (Read 352 times)

DON GRAY

• Star
    • View Profile
B44 Victor Special Primary Chain Tension?
« on: 07 May, 2017, 20:10:30 »
Hi All. Could someone confirm the correct amount of tension for a primary chain on the above please? I think I've set mine a tad too tight, but don't want it chewing the cases! 1/4" in the middle of the top run is what Rupert Ratio suggests & how I've got it...approx....but I can still see witness marks where the chain / clutch has contacted the case at the screw bosses in a couple of places. There's no excess wobble to the clutch, but I don't think the outer case is the original one as it doesn't fit exactly as it should, but it's leak free after I spent hours lapping it on a surface plate. Presumably, the unit singles share a common chaincase there being differences in the drain & level screw arrangements only....Or does clutch clearance come into it?! Cheers All.....

DON GRAY

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: B44 Victor Special Primary Chain Tension?
« Reply #1 on: 10 May, 2017, 11:25:50 »
Well, after fettling the bosses in the chain case where it was touching & reassembly & trying it the "rattle" is still there, so following perceived wisdom have ordered a new chain & clutch rollers etc to fit. Hopefully that'll stop it as I'll be able to get a consistent tension, & the chain wont be able to move off the clutch chain ring & kiss anything.  :)