Author Topic: DVLA registration  (Read 305 times)

TIGER

• Star
    • View Profile
DVLA registration
« on: 02 May, 2017, 06:58:14 »
Hello People
Waiting for a DVLA oppionted rep. To inspect my C15.
This is apparently required before tax.
Anyone know what is involved in the inspection ?
NB I still have chain guard and seat to sort out !
Regards
            Tim

bikerbob

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: DVLA registration
« Reply #1 on: 02 May, 2017, 12:49:23 »
It is about 6 years since I had a bike inspected by the DVLA at that time the inspection only took about 10 minutes they are basically just confirming that all the info that you have provided is correct and the bike is what it is supposed to be, they will check that the frame and engine numbers are as stated on your application and if you provided photos of the bike that they match  the bike being inspected. At the time I was reclaiming the original registration and had submitted all the relevant documentation ie photos of both sides of the bike BSA dating certificate, MOT certificate and the completed relevant form I believe it was form V/55. they had also recieved info from the BSA dating officer. Because the MOT had been issued on the frame number  when they sent me the Tax disc which is now not required they also sent me a new MOT with the reclaimed registration.

TIGER

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 May, 2017, 15:09:24 »
Bob
      Thanks for the reply.
      Do you know if a chain guard is needed for Mot ?
Regards
       Tim

bikerbob

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 May, 2017, 16:10:49 »
I have been told that a chaingaurd is required for the MOT but have seen plenty of bikes without them if you are not sure give the MOT testing station that you are going to use a ring.