Author Topic: No v5/c  (Read 408 times)

CHRIS2FAR

• Star
    • View Profile
No v5/c
« on: 26 April, 2017, 21:10:42 »
Hi all , ive bought another project this week to ad to my a65 and b175, its a c15 wow!! With no v5  👎reading along the lines if you have documents i might be able to retain the original registration, the tax disc is on the bike (1978) would this help it? Previously ive had dating certs by bsaoc is this the same procedure using the v55/5 thanks all!!!

JulianS

• Empire Star
  • A10
    • View Profile
Re: No v5/c
« Reply #1 on: 27 April, 2017, 09:13:06 »
You would need documentary evidence to link the number on the tax disc to the frame number of the bike for it to be of any use.

I presume you have check the DVLA site and the number is not there?

You could research the number if the original local authority motor tax records still exist for the area in which it was registered. Worth looking at the Kithead Trust website.

http://kitheadtrust.org.uk/vehicle_records_5.html

Have you seen the DVLA website

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/old-vehicles

Also a lot on the BSAOC website under "machine dating" tab.
« Last Edit: 27 April, 2017, 09:34:09 by JulianS »

TTJOHN

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 April, 2017, 10:16:02 »
Hi all , ive bought another project this week to ad to my a65 and b175, its a c15 wow!! With no v5  👎reading along the lines if you have documents i might be able to retain the original registration, the tax disc is on the bike (1978) would this help it? Previously ive had dating certs by bsaoc is this the same procedure using the v55/5 thanks all!!!

Chris,
Your dating certificate will be of no use to youu now, as it will only be valid for one year from the date issued, these are new rules laid down by DVLA, according to Steve the dating officer, so it looks lke you may have to go through the whole process again, tax discs are no longer acceptable,I think you may have to accept an age related registration.

Regards TTJohn

CHRIS2FAR

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 April, 2017, 20:00:11 »
Thanks for the very helpfull advice, will contact the taxation office think its held at Durham first to see if they have any information on the bike as it was originally registered in Sunderland, any advice is very welcome

Editor

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 April, 2017, 13:04:26 »
Chris, if the local authority do still have the records, you will need to ask if they include the frame no. as the DVLA need this part of the evidence and a picture and rubbing of the actual frame no. otherwise they will not give you the original number.
Chris