Author Topic: Silencers  (Read 636 times)

RobW

• Star
    • View Profile
Silencers
« on: 21 April, 2017, 17:03:14 »
Hi all
Looking to buy a pair of standard silencers for my 67 Spitfire. Who are the best, any suggestions Armour,Burton bikes ,Ferked or Classic bike supplies. Armour and ferked claim to make there own ? 
Cheers
Rob
Life should be full of memories not wishes 😉
So get on that motorcycle and make some 😉

STAR TWIN

• Royal Star
  • A7 A10 B31 WDB40
    • View Profile
    • Strange Sheep
Re: Silencers
« Reply #1 on: 22 April, 2017, 18:21:53 »
Over many years I have used Armours. The silencers are pretty good though a bit lacking in the baffling.

TTJOHN

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 April, 2017, 21:02:01 »
I have never experience any problem with Armour silencers, although, there have been one or two negative reports on their products just recently, Feked are supposed to be very good quality although I have never dealt with them  yet.

Regards TTJohn

DWS

• Blue Star
  • 1970 RAF WD B40
    • View Profile
    • BSA WD B40 Motorcycles of the RAF Police
« Reply #3 on: 24 April, 2017, 21:16:53 »
As I understand it, from conversations with the people at Armours recently, the firm changed hands about a year ago.  The new owners and staff are working to get up to speed with the range and certain items are not available at the moment i.e. WD B40 exhaust pipes, I bought the last one they had on the shelf.

JulianS

• Empire Star
  • A10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 April, 2017, 09:46:40 »
Bought a stainless Armour silencer for my A10 earlier this year, the build was good but the fixing point for the mounting bracket was a bit further back than is normal and there was a built in clamp on it for the joint with the pipe which fouled the frame and needed to be cut off before it could be fitted.

Caulky

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 April, 2017, 14:12:23 »
Armours' used to be very good, qualitywise and service.
Unfortunately the service now poor.
I filled my basket with downpipes, clamps, etc.
I was sent confirmation of my order, with a note saying the invoice will be sent later. (just as well it wasn't urgent.)
A few days later, I recieved the invoice.
So I thought I should 'phone to give details of payment.
Nine times, it was either engaged or I got a silly message telling me to go to their website.
I sent an email to the sales people, who replied with a message that I should click the 'pay now' button, which is non-existant.
After another couple of emails it was pointed out that if there is no button, I should telephone.
You can guess what happened!
The one telephone number is only available Tues to Fri and not during the extended lunch break.
Very poor in my opinion.

STAR TWIN

• Royal Star
  • A7 A10 B31 WDB40
    • View Profile
    • Strange Sheep
« Reply #6 on: 29 April, 2017, 14:43:23 »
I foolishly placed my order the day before the Christmas break. Have you any idea just how long these people take off for Christmas? Still the pipes arrived eventually and are good.

Ken Oaff

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 May, 2017, 08:06:11 »
ordered a set of pipes off armours no problem

excellent and they supplied a set of Norton pea shooters with non standard 1 1/2" inlets to suit the bsa pipes at standard list price and offered to build pipes to what ever noise level you like

quality is excellent and will definitely be using them again

For headers I had a one off set made by OS exhausts  - building café racer and wanted TT style headers with Norton peashooters tucked in as tight as possible