Author Topic: A7 clutch pressure plate  (Read 326 times)

MCWINFREY

• Star
    • View Profile
A7 clutch pressure plate
« on: 03 May, 2017, 09:41:05 »
Hi All, I'm after some information about a friend's clutch pressure plate on his A7. It's badly warped and i'm after a replacement but can't seem to match it. His looks like a steel clutch plate spot welded to the pressure plate so has the drive splines inside which locate on the basket. All others I can find don't have this drive. Is it needed or will any 6 spring A&/A10 pressure plate work work? Thanks, Ben

bikerbob

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: A7 clutch pressure plate
« Reply #1 on: 03 May, 2017, 19:19:51 »
You do not say wether the A7 is plunger or swinging arm. According to my parts book the swinging arm plate is called "clutch actuating cap"and is part number 42-3056. If it is a plunger model  then it is called "clutch spring plate" and is part number 67-3245. both are six spring clutches and with different part numbers I would suspect that they are not interchangeable.

MCWINFREY

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 May, 2017, 16:37:38 »
Ah sorry, it is a plunger model. Thanks for the info, I have a swinging arm A10 so may pull  it apart to compare as struggling to find a match for the A7 anywhere. Ben

bikerbob

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 May, 2017, 19:30:28 »
Type the following number into ebay and I think this is what you are looking for you could contact the seller and make him an offer to take it off the auction. 201915096291