Author Topic: Supplier problem.  (Read 487 times)

ANDY BROWN

• Star
    • View Profile
Supplier problem.
« on: 11 April, 2017, 13:20:41 »
Hi all,

I have ordered a gearbox part from a CBM (Classicbritishmotorcycles.com) I parted with my cash and received an invoice back on the 2nd April. Has anyone had dealings with this supplier?
I have had no parts, no contact and no answers to emails. The phone just rings and rings. I googled the address and its a suburban road with just ordinary homes on it? On surfing further a Norton website member is stating the same problems as I'm having. He lost 200+ so isn't very happy at all. I'm not writing my 70 off just yet but its looking like it!

Here's hoping but maybe a note to check first before using them.   

DWS

• Blue Star
  • 1970 RAF WD B40
    • View Profile
    • BSA WD B40 Motorcycles of the RAF Police
Re: Supplier problem.
« Reply #1 on: 11 April, 2017, 14:09:15 »
Hi,

I have heard of a number of people who have had similar problems with this supplier, Barge Pole and Touch spring to mind.

I have also had a similar problem to yours with a couple of other "On-Line" so-called classic bike spares suppliers, who all seem to be operating out of their bedrooms and holds very little stock, only ordering stuff in from elsewhere when someone buys something.

I now stick to the reputable long established suppliers.

Editor

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 April, 2017, 16:01:16 »
Hi Andy,
I have heard the same. There are quite a few using the words Classic + Bikes -Etc, and its difficult to work out what your dealing with. Where did you find him from? If it was via ebay, report him and claim a refund quickly. 
Chris

ANDY BROWN

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 April, 2017, 16:42:01 »
I'm hoping they are on holiday or something simple, the website looks great!

https://www.classicbritishmotorcycles.com/bsa.html

Loads of parts and good stock levels, just can't get hold of them at all.

Mike Farmer

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 April, 2017, 20:26:55 »
HI.

I don't want to sound smart donkey but just a thought. Did you buy direct from their website, or via Ebay. How did you pay. Paypal your money/transaction is guaranteed.
Credit card (most) your purchase should be insured against fraud/fault for up to 1 year This may not be exactly correct in every case. Debit card also has certain guarantees but very limited.

Cheque --you only have proof of payment but non delivery after a reasonable time is theft.

If all else fails you can try trading standards. Take em to the small claims court. The threat is usually enuff. it may take forever but don't surrender your money don't wait too long. These bad traders rely on the fact that after a while you'll just let it go.
 8)
Mike ;D ;D

ANDY BROWN

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 April, 2017, 18:47:12 »
Hi,

Bought direct from their website with a debit card. Not much protection with a debit unfortunately but I have sent a retrieval letter to my bank just in case. That's not bound by law so up to my bank to contact the vendor first. Good luck with that though as I have phoned, emailed a few times a day for the last week and cannot get a reply!
75.00 would not really be worth claiming back through the small claims court either so all I can do really is advise people to be careful in dealing with them.