Author Topic: B31 Timing Side Roller Bearing  (Read 548 times)

Andmaxjar

• Star
    • View Profile
B31 Timing Side Roller Bearing
« on: 01 April, 2017, 06:44:30 »
Hi,
I purchased a timing side roller bearing for a 1949 rigid B31 I am rebuilding for a friend from a company that said they only have the best brands and it arrived and its name is "Stirling".
I checked and they are made in China??
Can anybody give me any information on the quality Etc or any information either good or bad.
Cheers
Andy

JulianS

• Empire Star
  • A10
    • View Profile
Re: B31 Timing Side Roller Bearing
« Reply #1 on: 01 April, 2017, 10:51:39 »
Not heard of "Stirling" as bearing manufacturer.

If you are in doubt as to quality then I would choose a bearing from a well known manufacurer.

Bess

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 April, 2017, 11:27:59 »
You might find Stirling is a supplier of bearings not a manufacturer, maybe repackaging in some instances similar to Simply Bearings?

Andmaxjar

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 April, 2017, 22:54:12 »
Hi,
I purchased the bearing from Simply bearings and their info said it was a quality bearing, I made a mistake in my original post the name is "Sterling"
I live in Stirling Australia so force of habit in my spelling.I spoke to a friend of mine who has a B33 an he suggested not to use this brand.
As I am rebuilding for someone else I may just purchase a known brand and wear the cost as I do not want any issues in the future.
Cheers
Andy

Bess

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 April, 2017, 08:44:52 »
Hi,
     Which bearing manufacturer did Simply Bearings supply? If you are concerned it's worth phoning them.

I purchase 4 needle rollers from them and the quoted loading wasn't what they supplied, they gladly replaced them for me (next day and with the free postage, I had to pay for the return postage though).

Best of luck........