Author Topic: The forum in general  (Read 2155 times)

DerekAnderson8

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
The forum in general
« on: 14 March, 2018, 20:28:58 »
Its good to see the forum as active as it is, there is a wealth of knowledge out there and its obvious that most of the people on the forum are all willing to help each other.

I am not a member of the Bsa owners club for no other reason than i cant get to any of the club meetings as i don't think there is a branch in Glasgow!

regards

derek

Phil C

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: The forum in general
« Reply #1 on: 14 March, 2018, 21:32:21 »
I must say that, as someone who is new to this hobby, this forum is hugely helpful. The people on the singles website clearly have a real wealth of knowledge and are a terrific help.  Phil (novice)

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 March, 2018, 07:26:43 »
Derek,

No BSAOC Branch in Glasgow! There used to be a Scottish club/branch and it would be great to have one again. If you join the BSAOC you could contact, through the Memb. Sec., all members in Scotland to see if a Branch could be formed.

Dave.

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 March, 2018, 07:33:57 »
Derek,

I should also have said that as a member you would feel more connected through the Star and may then feel more a part of what is a great Club. I remember the International back in 1998 at Bunchrew and what an amazing place Scotland is. Perhaps a camping weekend in the Southern Uplands would prove attractive to Members and would be another way to be involved in the Club.
If you are minded to take any of this on board then good luck with it and see you at a BSAOC event in Scotland.

Dave.

Mascot910

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 March, 2018, 23:18:15 »
I live in Largs and would be happy to attend meetings in Glasgow if there was a club branch based there.

DerekAnderson8

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 March, 2018, 07:48:25 »
I live in Largs and would be happy to attend meetings in Glasgow if there was a club branch based there.

Thats 2 of us then! (after i join of course)

i wonder how many members there are up here?

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 March, 2018, 08:16:04 »
Hi both of you,

One more and you could form a group. I would think that Rob Jones (Memb. Sec.) reads these posts and would be more than happy to act as an initial contact with other members in the area. Bill Nelson (PRO) may also be able to help.  A message in the Star for a casual meeting may also have a good response.  Most Branches start off like this.

Dave.