The BSA Workshop > Singles

Grease gun

(1/4) > >>

Phil C:
I'm looking to get a grease gun for my 1965 BSA B40 - maybe an old secondhand one from ebay? But how do I know what kind of gun will fit the grease nipples on my bike?  Phil (novice)

ROYC:

--- Quote from: Phil C on 09 February, 2018, 18:26:23 ---I'm looking to get a grease gun for my 1965 BSA B40 - maybe an old secondhand one from ebay? But how do I know what kind of gun will fit the grease nipples on my bike?  Phil (novice)

--- End quote ---
If it has a nozzle like this , it will fit.

Phil C:
Thanks, but of course the photos on ebay don't always show that.  Do old Tecalemit ones fit? Or does it depend which model?

ANDY HIGHAM:
Most of the grease nipples on BSAs are as much use as a chocolate fireguard
The ones in the middle of the hubs when the bearings are at the outer ends of the hubs. Filling the hubs just causes drag. Same goes for headstock grease nipples.
The only useful ones I have ever encountered are on the ends of c15, tiger cub, bantam etc swingarm pivot

AWJDThumper:
Sadly, I seem to have a large collection of grease guns including old Tecalemit ones - they all have a concave nozzles and so will fit the type of grease nipple fitted to old Brit bikes. If you find the grease is leaking out from the end of the nozzle, the usual trick is to place a suitable piece of cloth between it and the nipple to achieve a better seal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version