Author Topic: Headlight bulb lighting  (Read 33 times)

CROFTY1984

• Star
    • View Profile
Headlight bulb lighting
« on: 19 February, 2018, 21:32:03 »
Hello all, I'm working on a wiring diagram for my A65, I'll be converting to negative earth and a few other things. When it comes to the headlight filaments, do you know if it's:
Dipped beam OR Main beam
Dipped beam AND Main beam
I'm looking at the '72 wiring diagram someone put up on here, but that has the 4 position key switch and my '71 has the 2 position key and a separate lighting switch on the headlamp shell.

I'd be happy to put the diagram* up if anyone's interested. In fact, I'd appreciate the feedback before I go ahead.
* Diagram is a VERY generous term. I've been hacking about on power point.

AWJDThumper

• Empire Star
    • View Profile
Re: Headlight bulb lighting
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:19:25 »
Not sure that I've ever heard of dipped beam AND main beam on a M/C before. Please provide a copy of the wiring diagram you are working to and I'll be happy to provide any help I can.

JulianS

• Empire Star
  • A10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:29:00 »
The only time you will get dip and main together would be for the moment when switching from main to dip and dip to main, as in the Wipac Ducon/Tricon/triconsul switches.

Bess

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:47:06 »
Hi,
    I rebuilt my A65 loom using the least amount of wires I could, may help, diagram attached...

Best wishes...
« Last Edit: Today at 10:58:58 by Bess »

CROFTY1984

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:26:28 »
Great, thanks. I was thinking about those bikes where dipped is one of the two headlights and main is both. Thanks for the offer of the diagram, I'll have a look on the laptop when I'm home. I'll put mine up when it's through draft one.