Author Topic: New ebay scam.  (Read 222 times)

A10 JWO

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
New ebay scam.
« on: 18 January, 2018, 15:58:31 »
This guy is now stealing genuine ID's. These have a postal address down the page. It appears to be a normal auction with a few bids. There is no email address in description this time so it all looks good so far. Then he will get a message asking for a Buy it Now price, then the scam begins. The greedy buyer accepts the price and sends the demanded deposit to hold it, good bye money !! The Scammer nearly always has campers, caravans and cars in his other adverts. He also leaves a trade mark that I always spot ( most days of the week ). I will not reveal his trade mark on here. Be careful, no money till you have laid hands on goods.
« Last Edit: 18 January, 2018, 16:07:04 by A10 JWO »

Mark

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: New ebay scam.
« Reply #1 on: 18 January, 2018, 19:58:19 »
Hi A10,

A link to the ebay page would be good please.

Regards Mark

A10 JWO

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 January, 2018, 12:43:39 »
I report them straight away so you wont find them, just report 20 listings ten mins ago. Just go on ebay newly listed BSA they go on there all the time. They probably monitor the forums.

Greybeard

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 January, 2018, 16:34:37 »
There's a batch on there right now though still with a contact email in the text - I quite fancy the minty Square four for 3700, but the Rocket 3 for 3000 sounds like a bargain  :-\ I wonder when my Golden Flash will appear again  >:(

Steve

Steve from East Yorkshire - Not the Greybeard of the A7/A10 forum who was not actually registered on this one when I signed up ;-)

A10 JWO

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 January, 2018, 16:47:51 »
I have reported about 30 today, look at all the Bonnies going for 3,000. There is a few teams on today.