Author Topic: Side panel badge.  (Read 186 times)

Robbo

• Star
    • View Profile
Side panel badge.
« on: 09 January, 2018, 23:58:06 »
 Hi guys, the red bits will soon be off to the paint shop and thanks for the replys to my previous HELP! post. on the side panels there are alloy strips with "Rocket 3" printed on them, with out forcing them what is the best way to get these off? I guess they have been stuck on with some sort of Evostick type thing from the factory, so should i try and get some sort of paint thinners to penetrate the glue and release them? and if I damage them are these still available. Rob

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Side panel badge.
« Reply #1 on: 12 January, 2018, 09:06:45 »
My Rocket3 has been repainted by the previous owner and it looks like the name badge strips were removed. It would appear they are glued down as the ends of mine are lifting slightly. As the strips seem to be covered with a clear film, I would be careful what you use to remove them. Having done a search, Baxter Cycle in the USA claim to have the name strips at $38.50 each (parts numbers are 60-853 & 60-854) . I cannot find anyone in the UK who has them. Have you checked with the paint shop to see if they can suggest the best why of removal, I assume they must have come across badges stuck down like this before?

Rob

Robbo

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: Side panel badge.
« Reply #2 on: 21 January, 2018, 21:55:09 »
Hi Rob, i did talk to the guy doing the painting and i left him to his own devices, he is a long time mate, panel beater, sprayer and college lecturer so i trust him, mine are the same..lifting on the corners.