Author Topic: B44 Shooting Star paint code  (Read 240 times)

BigBird

• Star
    • View Profile
B44 Shooting Star paint code
« on: 05 January, 2018, 17:39:39 »
I would like to do a proper paint refresher on my Shooting Star, but I'm having a difficult time finding the paint codes for Peony Red and the Ivory necessary for this model. I'm not interested in the rattle can spray bomb method, but the mixed paint with hardener.

If anyone has this information I would really appreciate knowing either that information, or where I can find it.

Thanks very much!

...Brent

ROYC

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Re: B44 Shooting Star paint code
« Reply #2 on: 06 January, 2018, 07:08:30 »
I had my paint for my 1958 SS from RS Paint. Colour is bang on.

Roy.
My bike is a 1958 A7SS

AWJDThumper

• Empire Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 January, 2018, 09:33:11 »
RS Paints are the best people to go to for proper BSA colour match. However, they don't do 2K paint colours as far as I am aware and so you will need to use a 2K clear coat (lacquer) from them providing you have a safe means of using it ???

BigBird

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 January, 2018, 19:59:05 »
The RS I found online is in Great Britain. I'm in Canada, so I'd like to find a source that is closer and not in pound sterling. The exchange is killer...

BEESY

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 January, 2018, 13:28:49 »
Do they use RAL paint codes in Canada?

If so your local paint shop maybe able to help.

Take a sample and you may find there is a close enough match in an off the shelf already.

AWJDThumper

• Empire Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 January, 2018, 14:41:09 »
RS Paints in the UK have sample cards of all the BSA paints and so can match accurately to these original colours. Unfortunately, there aren't any universal paint codes. As far as Peony Red is concerned, Rupert Ratio gives a modern equivalent as BS 1-225 Crimson/Cherry red but this probably is not be of much help to you in Canada. If you have a suitable sample of your paint then a good auto shop should be able to match to it accurately.