Author Topic: New member to the BSA Forum  (Read 168 times)

Straw Bear

• Star
    • View Profile
New member to the BSA Forum
« on: 10 December, 2017, 14:06:49 »
Seasons Greetings to you all! After the ownership of several bikes since starting out on a Puch 50cc Sports in 1972 i am finally the proud owner of a 1962 BSA A65 Star. It has a few bodges and is not standard but I can live with that as long as I can keep it running. I will update it as time goes by.
I have had my first disaster with petrol stripping the paint off the side of the tank through a pinprick hole in the tank seam. Getting it sealed and resprayed cost me 390 so not a good start to ownership......
But I have a few friends in the club so by joining up shortly will hope to divert from any more problems and learn about enjoying the bike.
I hope to take my good lady as pillion but she asked for a pillion grab rail - was one mad for the 1962 A65 Star and if so is it still available?
Hope to see you on the road in 2018  :)

A10 JWO

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Re: New member to the BSA Forum
« Reply #1 on: 10 December, 2017, 15:05:24 »
Welcome. What a nice looking bike, lots of elbow grease been used in the past has paid off. Look at Dragonfly's website, gives you all part numbers even if they don't stock it. This forum likes lots of questions; even mine.

Straw Bear

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: New member to the BSA Forum
« Reply #2 on: 10 December, 2017, 17:28:19 »
Thanks for the welcome!  ;)