Author Topic: New member and got a question already!!!  (Read 281 times)

NigelW

• Star
    • View Profile
New member and got a question already!!!
« on: 22 November, 2017, 10:03:22 »
Hi All
I am a new member of the BSAOC from Solihull.
I bought a 1967 Thunderbolt last year and spent the first 12 months just enjoying riding it ;D
However, I have now taken it off the road to smarten it up a bit, but more importantly I want to get the engine rebuilt as I don't know it's history.
So, to my first question on the forum - can anyone recommend an engine restorer in the Solihull/Midlands region?
I am aware of SRM and have visited RJM in Milton Keynes but ideally would like someone more local.
Thank you
Nigel

A10 JWO

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Re: New member and got a question already!!!
« Reply #1 on: 22 November, 2017, 16:02:27 »
Hi Nigel and welcome. I will probably open a can of worms here. You can send your engine off and get it back better than new for about 2,500. OR you can find an old fashion engineer who will strip and inspect you engine and just replace-repair only what needs doing, nothing more nothing less. About a third of the price. There are still old lads about that worked in motorcycle workshops, they need work as well. Look in Old Bike Mart. Good luck.

ROYC

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 November, 2017, 18:29:21 »
I think that this chap (A G Engineering) is at Dudley West Midlands.  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg5AcTqq_9g
My bike is a 1958 A7SS

MITCHELL

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 November, 2017, 18:37:00 »
Hi Nigel, I'm a fairly new member trying to rebuild a1964 a65, I've bought a few bits from Mark and Ian  at C D autos, it's on Henley rd between Henley and Studly, there really helpful, it may well be worth a chat with them, good luck,oh and welcome to what is an unbelievable wealth of help and info.

NigelW

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 November, 2017, 20:30:10 »
Thanks for the welcome and some ideas to follow up on  :)