Author Topic: 1931 Sloper side car fittings  (Read 2355 times)

johnguppy

• Star
    • View Profile
1931 Sloper side car fittings
« on: 16 November, 2017, 22:53:30 »
I have a 1931 Sloper   the rear  sidecar  fixing seems to be standard  fitting on these machines its a stub  fixed in the  rear part of the frame  , does anyone know if its possible to unscrew this so I can fit  a standard   cub and ball sidecar fitting  or is there a side car fitting  made that will fit  in place of the  cup and ball  I have with my sidecar 
I can see all bikes seem to have this fixing  so I am sure it would be able to fit a watsonan Side car chassis to a BSA  ?   

Dean Southall

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: 1931 Sloper side car fittings
« Reply #1 on: 17 November, 2017, 17:50:48 »
Well I tried everything to unscrew mine and it would not shift. I was applying so much force at one point I was risking bending the rear frame!
I gues you could cut and drill it out but I modified a straight fitting with an eye at each end. One end attaches to the fixed pin on the frame and a standartd sidecar ball joint fitting goes on the other. However I have not got it on the road yet so cannot vouch for its effectiveness.

Newly manufactured replacement Sloper rear frame brackets are regularly offered on ebay so it could be worth asking the question of the seller/manufacturer.

Good luck!
BSA: turning ordinary men into mechanics since 1910