General > The Star and Garter

Fuel Tanks (again)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mike Farmer:
Hi

I have visited the localish guy spoken of recently and he swears by this product. He is a professional fuel tank reliner. So I left my tank with him to have the job done properly.?????

I have a second tank that looks as if it came out of the ark which I shall have a go at myself later.

The job is going to come out at about 150. A lot of money but should be worth it.

Take care

Mike 8) 8)

Bess:
Sounds good........please keep us posted  8)

TTJOHN:

--- Quote from: Mike Farmer on 31 October, 2017, 19:15:55 ---Hi

I have visited the localish guy spoken of recently and he swears by this product. He is a professional fuel tank reliner. So I left my tank with him to have the job done properly.?????

I have a second tank that looks as if it came out of the ark which I shall have a go at myself later.

The job is going to come out at about 150. A lot of money but should be worth it.

Take care

I'm not sure why the Indian tank rusted up so quick, maybe it's the fuel we are getting now, I must check my one that I bought from India, I do beleive that some Indian tanks are made on the street corner, whilst others are made using the old English tooling, the one I got was from a chap called Rummy, it came badged & painted, the only thing I had to do ws clean the paint out of the petrol  tap threads by running a tap down them,  all for 200 so I was quite pleased, I hope you get yours sorted.
Regards TTJohn
Mike 8) 8)

--- End quote ---

Mike Farmer:
Hi

Mine cost about that as well. Appeared to be from a biggish company. The liner is falling apart. As I said I was more than pleased at the time. So we'll see.

I will keep you all in the loop.

Mike 8) 8)

ROYC:
Here's an interesting article on Ethanol and sealers  -  http://www.johnsmotorcyclenews.co.uk/bike-tech/ethanol-its-impact-on-fuel-systems/ 
Roy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version