Author Topic: Stolen bikes  (Read 419 times)

TTJOHN

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Stolen bikes
« on: 11 September, 2017, 12:34:23 »
I know there is a lot of concern just lately about bikes that have been stolen and most of them are finishing up abroad, or so I am led to beleive, now, my question is what type of check is made at the ports and outlets of the country is there. I really do not think there is any, so your bike could be winging its way to Poland, Rumania or anywhere where there is no checks, once there, the bike is stored for a while before re- registering.
I really think that there should be more checks at the docks etc to see what is leaving this country.

griffo

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Re: Stolen bikes
« Reply #1 on: 15 September, 2017, 08:22:12 »
I regularly travel back and to to France with bikes in a trailer. Never once been asked for any paperwork for them. Yes a varity of bikes, some my own and other delivered to people who want a bie transporting... Makes you think ? ? ?    ???  Griff
Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...

STAR TWIN

• Royal Star
  • A7 A10 B31 WDB40
    • View Profile
    • Strange Sheep
« Reply #2 on: 15 September, 2017, 13:50:52 »
I suspect the Borders Agency and Customs are more concerned with drugs and people smuggling. The odd disappearing bike just doesn't make the priority list.

A10 JWO

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 September, 2017, 17:51:27 »
One of problems they have with bikes and other vehicles. if they seize one and there is dispute of ownership between the captured party and the real owner, the Border chaps are legally bound to store it by law until the situation is resolved. This means, car pounds, storage etc etc = money + funding they will never recover. They only do what they can with what they have. Even Stolen Vehicle Squads have almost vanished, someone will try to say different. Stolen vehicles are just statistics now, there are about 60 scooters/motorcycles stolen in Camden Borough every month. Food for thought.

TTJOHN

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 September, 2017, 11:21:51 »
Quote:
Stolen vehicles are just statistics now, there are about 60 scooters/motorcycles stolen in Camden Borough every month. Food for thought.

Answer, don't move to Camden Borough, there's a lot of theives there. :) :) ;)