Author Topic: Ayr Classic Show  (Read 328 times)

DEREKANDERSON8

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Ayr Classic Show
« on: 17 June, 2017, 17:27:10 »
I was there today early doors on the Honda as the BSA is not playing. Some nice bikes on display inside lovely A65 Firebird amongst others MV Agusta owners club were there with a few bikes. There was a separate Triumph display to celebrate 50th anniversary of Daytona launch. Not a massive show but at least it was dry.  ;)

SLIPPERY SAM

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: Ayr Classic Show
« Reply #1 on: 21 June, 2017, 15:26:03 »
Derek, meant to ask if you were going - I made a last minute decision to go and took my wife for a little look.
Yeh, great weather and a decent little show.  I didn't really know what to expect (first timer) - but there was a fair mixture.  Wasn't so sure about the 'recent' classic thing - I suspect a way of involving all the club or something - but there were better bikes in the car park (and I don't mean that in a bad way) guess I found it hard to admire a 1998 yamaha virago as a classic.
Was good that they had the sight and sound thing.  Loved hearing the Rudge and a few racing bikes.  Pity the MV didn't run right - sounded amazing on start up but ran up and down like a bag of spanners.
I had a pocket full of cash looking for some autojumble goodies - but again I think I was expecting more!  I ended up with nowt.
I missed the Jimmy Guthrie memorial on the Sunday (more local to me) and they too got a great day for it - did anyone venture to that in Denholm?
Derek, I'm sure we'll meet up one day!  Probably it'll be after I sell the A10 (getting itchy for a new project already!!!).

cheers Raymond.

DEREKANDERSON8

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Re: Ayr Classic Show
« Reply #2 on: 22 June, 2017, 11:37:58 »
Raymond, it was first time for me also, and I was expecting more bikes and jumble!

Managed to buy a set of hard chrome stantions for the A65, wasn't a lot of other stuff to buy. 

I will see you at Lanark Market next year!

cheers

derek