Author Topic: Richard Pawson  (Read 1313 times)

Kent Shaun

• Star
    • View Profile
Richard Pawson
« on: 16 June, 2017, 14:11:41 »
Very sad news I'm sorry to say, no easy way to say it, so...

Richard passed away at home on Thursday 15th June...

Cause unknown at the moment, the lad was just 52 years old, I for one will be missing him at the International in Holland... :'(
« Last Edit: 16 June, 2017, 17:06:16 by DEE »

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Pawson
« Reply #1 on: 16 June, 2017, 17:15:10 »
This is very sad news, having just become the Clubs President, which Richard took as an honour. He had taken an active part in his new role starting at the AGM and then at the Open Day presenting the Awards. A lot of you may remember Richard who along with Mick & Michelle Lee organised the Field day at Lutterworth for many years in the mid 1980 through to the 1990's. Now reunited with his great friend Keith Nicholls of East Midlands Branch. RIP

Rob Jones

DEAN SOUTHALL

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 June, 2017, 18:05:24 »
I am absolutely shocked and so saddened to hear this terrible news.
I first met Richard about 25years ago when I first joined South Notts and Derbyshire Branch.
He was always such a warm, friendly and helpful lad.
I had been out of the club loop for a a few years so had a great time at our first National for yearslast month  chatting and catching up with Richard.
A huge loss to the Club and us all.
RIP Richard old mate.

JulianS

• Empire Star
  • A10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 June, 2017, 09:01:46 »
It was always a pleasure to see and speak to Richard, such an easy going and engaging personality.

I will miss him. Gone too soon.

TTJOHN

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 June, 2017, 10:06:12 »
Very sad news indeed, I'm so shocked at the bad news, I know that Richard was one of the stalwarts of the BSAOC, attending and supporting the club in many ways, recording the mileage and presenting the awards this year at the Open day, I had great respect for Richard and like so many of the club members will miss him. RIP Richard.

natsec

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 June, 2017, 09:04:32 »
Hugely sad,Richard was an extremely knowledgeable individual,a credit to the BSA Owners Club and the historic motorcycle movement.Looked forward to him being President for many years to come.I'll miss your dry wit,mate. 

Nat Sec

Roblan

« Reply #6 on: 18 June, 2017, 21:27:48 »
Hi, first time I've posted on here. I had the privilege of knowing Richard for about 30 years and had the honour of calling him a friend and colleague. It came as massive shock to us all in the office to discover the terrible news. Knowing how much his bikes and the club meant to him I would like to try and organise as many classic bikes of all types to accompany Richard on his final journey. As soon as I know dates for the big mans funeral I will try and update you all but in the meantime if you could all use every method possible to spread this message I think we may be able to offer Richard the send off he would like. Any questions please ring or text me 07800520256. Ride safe Dickie.

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 July, 2017, 08:29:46 »
These are the arrangements for Richards funeral :

Date: 24th July 2017

Funeral Service :  Christ Church Methodist Church,Derby Road, Long Eaton, NG10 4NE at 12:00

Burial Service : Longmoor Lane Cemetery Longmoor Lane Breaston at 12:45

This link gives the full details :

https://www.funeralzone.co.uk/obituaries/32551

BEEZARAY

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 July, 2017, 12:40:20 »
Hello all
Re Richards Funeral  there will be a Motorcycle ride if front of the Cortege from the church to the Cemetery after the service,
BUT PLEASE NOTE THAT PARKING IS VERY LIMITED but I am trying to find an area available & will let you all know ASAP.

Any other info please check the forum or  https://www.funeralzone.co.uk/obituaries/32551

Ray

BEEZARAY

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 July, 2017, 12:55:03 »
Richards Funeral.
 Cars can be parked @ CLEVE LODGE, ELM AVENUE, LONG EATON, NG10 4LR www.clevelodge.co.uk/
 FROM 11 AM BEFORE THE SERVICE, It's a bit of a walk from car park to church for those with difficulty walking
The road is straight across the road from the Church also the Lodge will be open from 12-45 for those that don't want to go to the cemetery.
Ray

DEAN SOUTHALL

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 July, 2017, 17:21:57 »
Me and bike will be there for a last ride with Richard.

BEEZARAY

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 July, 2017, 00:13:16 »
Hi Its me again regards Richards funeral for those that are coming on bike there is a small ally @ the back of the church on College Street  that we can use for parking the bikes, then after the service we will lead the cortege to the cemetery

regards Ray

BEEZARAY

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 July, 2017, 19:50:01 »
Many thanks to all members of this great club that attended today for helping send Richard on his last ride may he rest in peace now!

Gone but not forgotten.

Ray